08 September 2006

Sleeping with my clothes on


In order to remain sane. I have taken on PJs. Not my preferred flimsy gowns or diaphanous negligees, but substantial cotton lounging pants and sport weight T shirts. There are two reasons.

One: The dog often needs to get walked between 12-1 AM, when I am in my deepest sleep. It seems I am capable of rolling out of bed, creeping downstairs, and exploding out the front door with the dog in tow, or the dog towing me.

But only if I am already dressed and ready for public viewing.

Two: my daughter's boyfriend is sleeping over most nights and I should not be sprawled on the bed with my door open...which is my usual sleeping scenario.

Now I sprawl with a light cover, and fall into bed as if I were camping. Only time I used to sleep in my clothes was camping, enabling me to crawl out of the tent and stumble through the dark to the designated tree or nearby loo.

No comments: