16 October 2005

Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) Movie Review


Don't read this if you have NOT seen the movie. I've been too explicit.


I was very excited to find someone who wanted to see "Wallace and
Gromet" the movie, with me. I had laughed so hard I almost wet my pants
over the shorts (the evil penguin and the wrong pants) but OMG - The
(Were Rabbit) movie was not funny! Primarily, it lacks the comedic
timing that the shorts had honed to painful perfection. This movie has
no subtlety. No sneaky surprises. Not even any really creative
elements. The funniest thing was Lady Tottington's crazy hair-do and
the decorations that changed with each shot. But that grew old really
fast. And the movie sports a gigantic plot hole. Wallace is restored at
the end but his brain-swap with the Were Rabbit seems not to have been
reversed at the same time. What gives with that? Not for adults. I say
only funny for 9 years and under. Even 9 year olds might squirm with
disinterest. What happened? Did someone run out of juice? Is that why
it took 5 years? It seems to be a waste of voice talent. and time and
money. At least I saw it as a bargain matinée (in exotic Angels Camp)
so not a complete loss.

No comments: