31 December 2007

12/31/007 - A new year is about to begin

Happy Holidays! A gift from my employer arrived today; business cards! They were just one of several gifts from my employer, but I fancy them the most. The ultra cool box calendar from my boss for crochet and knitting patterns, one each day, has not arrived yet.

Sister Bette sent a very classy, giant tin of coffee and biscotti. The tin will store my bulk lavender until I have time to complete all those eye pillow projects.

I'm re-dedicating much of my discretionary time and systematically abandoning my crafty ideas for making pin money, to focus on a new obsession: book collecting, and book selling. That is where the revenue will come from to keep my little household a-float. Maybe, hopefully, provide something to do into retirement.

More of my writing efforts will be over at the new book blog. I'm trying to keep book collecting a bit separate from book selling. But I've brought everything together in a Web page/portal whatever you want to call it. I bought LluxeBooks.com and printed some little bookmarks to enclose with book purchases.

My life has settled into a fairly dull routine and I think I have achieved enough balance to keep on dancing into 2008, unafraid. I'm very happy with this life. I love Skipper and C and all my friends. I'd like to dedicate 2008 writing in NONCE about my friends and family.

So enough about me. What's up with you all?

Cheers!

No comments: