31 January 2006

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Nice day to start again. Billy Idol.

Back at RLG in a new cube. White wedding theme left over from the last occupant. She got married and moved back east. It is kinda dark and quiet and I have two old friends as neighbors. As long as none of us eat beany burritos or fight with our respective boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, or kids on the phone...

This is pleasant. I cheerfully talk to customers and still run into people from my past lives at Bird Library, Syracuse University or Melville Library, SUNY Stony Brook, or Green Library, Stanford University or even Bancroft Library, at UC Berkeley. As a short timer, part-time temp, I know I am not trapped. I don't go to any meetings. I come in very early (6 am), do productive work, and leave. Life is good. I see my old friends and sometimes wait around long enough...take a nap or whatever...and go out to lunch. It is a good three month long gig.

No comments: