23 June 2005

Father's Day Gift


3Ous Posted by Hello Here we are, just the three of us. Soon to develop into ten little Indians. My dad, James Richard Carls went off to the Korean War shortly after this photo was taken. I did not recognize him when he came back. I still don't know him very well. I forced him to teach me how to drive. We have been at odds since then.

I send him books and interesting mysteries to solve and he solves them with dogged determination. One time, I caused a riot on Christmas day by sending a box of gifts without the little cards that say who should get which wrapped package. I keep changing my phone answering habits and used to leave gag messages on my answering machines. I thought it would be more humorous than annoying but it seems to have been most annoying to the folks at home.

This year, for his birthday/Father's Day, I sent him a large print book by James Brady, about the Korean War; but it was out of print and came from a private individual who was selling a used copy through Amazon. By the grace of god and my dad's perseverance, he found out that it was me who sent it. It is interesting to me what the imagined solution of the puzzle was, compared to the true solution.

Anyway, thanks dad for the mass of curly hair and 5'10'' height, I got from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check my Xanga.